Portland Anxiety Massage – Holistic Portland Massage Reduces Stress
We spend our lives surrounded by stress. It’s no wonder that we’re anxious. Did you know that massage therapy techniques are designed and practiced for the sole purpose of increasing the health and well being of the client? Relaxing and soothing massage allows the brain to escape for a while. It allows you to get in touch with yourself in an emotional and physical manner.
Massage therapy is a generalized term that refers to over 80 methods of both passive and active manual manipulation of the body’s soft tissues and joints.
How Massage helps with Anxiety
Here is a partial list of some of the health benefits brought about by regular massage therapy:
- Massage lowers stress – the cause of anxiety disorders as well as roughly 80% of all diseases.
- Massage enhances the health of the entire receiving organism. One of the primary ways that this happens is through increased blood circulation.
- With increased blood flow, oxygen and nutrients are more efficiently delivered to all the cellular structures of the body. Also, cellular waste is expelled more efficiently.
- The implementation of regular massage therapy techniques helps to reverse feelings of depression in gloom. Research has shown that people who regularly receive massages show increased levels of serotonin.
- Read this article about the benefits of massage therapy from MayoClinic.com
Taking time for yourself is one healthy way you can manage stress and anxiety in your life. Make your personal health and well being a priority. A regular massage appointment gives you time alone to relax and care for your mind and body.
Most of the time, when people are experiencing the adverse symptoms brought about by high levels of anxiety, they are unaware of the source. The fact is that our busy lives –the constant activity, competition, pressure to succeed – make us a nervous. Take the first step in reversing your symptoms of anxiety today. Contact Jonathan at Holistic Portland Massage and begin a regular massage therapy program. It’s more than something to just make you feel physically great; it’s something that can actually improve your life.
Remember, there is nothing more important than your health. If you have excessive symptoms of anxiety, please see your health care professional for a diagnosis and treatment.
Helpful Links about Anxiety
National Institute of Mental Health – Anxiety Disorder
Anxiety Association of America